Established in 1994, Plas-Tech specialise in the thermoforming process, often referred to as vacuum forming. As we stay up to date with modern technology, we believe our technical and manufacturing capabilities are unrivalled. We are situated in East Yorkshire; however, we offer our sought after services to customers all over the UK. Vacuum forming is constantly being used in today’s modern world as it hosts many benefits for the manufacturer and the customer.
What is it?
Vacuum forming is where a sheet of plastic is heated to a forming temperature, the plastic is then stretched onto a single-surface mold and forced against the mold by a vacuum. This results in the shape you intended to create but made from plastic. Vacuum forming is used in many industries including a case study of ours which is Global Construction where we were asked by our client to create over 20 mould tools and much more.
Here are the superb capabilities of our vacuum forming machines:
• Small to large components
• Seven vacuum forming machines up to 2.5m x 3.0m x 1.3m
• Processing materials including ABS, HIPS, Polypropylene, HDPE, Polycarbonate
• Custom colours and stock colours
• Many textures and finishes including embossed, high gloss, soft feel, decorative foils
If you’re interested in our vacuum forming service, or any of our services of that matter then don’t hesitate to contact us on 01964 544 544.